1 Verb, 1 Location

 

Link to Audio Clip

Using only one verb, a challenge was created  for me to make an improvisation for the location I will be recording. After consideration from my dear sisters, the word "running" was to be used as my main verb. 

The main location I've chosen was a park nearby the school, as it was a location I will always bypass in between school and my commute route. This park not only contains many different nature sounds, it contains construction and audiences in the background. Within the two minutes, I tried to highlight the main sounds like flapping wings from a bird, construction and other natural events. 

Through post-production, I utilize my new knowledge of LUFS, EQ, Compression and other Audio edits in the past two weeks to create the final recording.

Points of improvements could be the noise handling of my phone, and the breath intakes that could've be lower if possible. Unfortunately, I could hear some important sounds within the background of my breaths, hence I didn't want to utilize dynamic or noise reduction too much to over clip or limit the background sounds. Through the breath editing, I have tried dynamics, noise reduction, sound reduction, compression, and directly spot-healing the area of breaths were made. However, it created a hard low chomp that filled the empty space afterwards, and I didn't want that outcome. Hence, I mainly chosen EQ, Loudness and amplify to control the overall audio.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Petty Cash on a friday night